Migration to SAP HANA using DMO
- Solution:SAP HANA
Level:Details, Configuration & Transaction
- This course is built to be suitable for release HANA 1.0 SPS12 and also HANA 2.0 SPS00 audiences.
- The Software Update Manager (SUM) is the tool for system maintenance of SAP systems, based on SAP NetWeaver. Therefore, the objective of this course is to enable students to use the option of SUM, the one-step migration procedure (DMO), to migrate to SAP HANA autonomously.
- The course covers the most important tasks for an SAP HANA administrator for the combined update and migration of an SAP system to the SAP HANA database. Furthermore, it provides details about the preparation of the procedure and technical details of the process.
- This course has been designed for technical consultants and administrators who will plan a migration to SAP HANA Database.
- This course provides a step by step exercise how to prepare and start this kind of migration. The exercise covers the DMO specific steps. Due to the time constraints, it is not possible to conduct the complete migration during the course.
- After this course the participants are well prepared for a successfully migration to SAP HANA.
Course based on software release
- SAP HANA 1.0 SPS12
- Software Update Manager 1.0 SP 19
- DMO introduction: principle, benefits, covered steps
- DMO preparation: Maintenance Transaction, SAP Host Agent, User Interface
- DMO procedure: start, configuration, monitoring
- Using the benchmarking tool.